Saturday, February 26, 2011

Finally! The Big Dress Reveal (a.k.a. Don't read this if you're the groom...)

I already did the big apology post before in September, so I'll just come out with it this time: I'm bad at this. BUT with a renewed sense of purpose (and more wedding stuff to do now that we're LESS THAN 6 MONTHS AWAY), I'm going to try doing this again on a regular basis.

The first place I should start (so I don't leave any of you hanging)....the dress.

I went on the big hunt back in September when Momma and Daddy 3000 came out to Seattle for a week. Mom and I had three appointments booked in one Saturday, and honestly, I was expecting it to be painful. I'm not a super girly girl, and picking out a big white dress was WAY out of my comfort zone. I went in with some basic requirements: comfortable, lace, straps, classic. I ended up finding three different dresses--one from each store--that were hot contenders.

Meet the finalists:

From I Do Bridal in Seattle: Blu by Mori Lee collection
The lace is gorgeous, and look at those straps! Simple beading around the bust and neckline. This is everything I wanted, right?



From Amanda's Bridal Boutique in Redmond: Maggie Sottero "Dawn"
I felt like Barbie, in a good way! The dress has a retro feel with the faux belt. It's huge and I felt like the dress was propping me up, but it's so gorgeous!



From Bellevue Bridal Boutique in Bellevue: Alfred Angelo
No straps, but the stacked teacup effect was attractive Not really classic here, but lots of lace!


So which one will make it down the aisle this summer? It's time for the big reveal....










Keep scrolling....









Wait for it....







TA DA! It's the Mori Lee!


 This dress was everything I wanted, not to mention the lace is gorgeous and the simple beading gives just the right amount of sparkle. Beauty came in January and as soon as I put it on again, we were soulmates. The dress is still a little too long and the straps need to be shortened, so I'll need to get her altered. But before I can do that, I have to get my weddin' shoes. For a lady with severely flat feet, that's a whole 'nother issue.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Yes that was the one I was going to pick! I have yet to go try on dresses yet but am heading to Boston in a few weeks to meet all my girls and my mom for a dress weekend!! I am will definitely be blogging at that experience in depth!!!

    ReplyDelete